I know it's Christmassy when the coconut ice is in the fridge, I am not sure why this deliciously sweet little treat is so Christmassy, but I am certainly not going to start asking any questions. . . . . . . . . . anyhow, tis rude to speak whilst eating !
So go on, get your apron on, and make yourself some of this lovely Christmas goodness.
Here's how -
3 1/2 cups icing-sugar
2 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
1 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 drops pink food colouring (or more depending on the shade of pinkness you are after)
- Line base and sides of slice tray with baking paper.
- Sift icing sugar into large bowl.
- Stir in coconut, condensed milk and vanilla essence, mixing until all ingredients are well combined.
- Using hands or flat bladed knife spread half of the mixture evenly into the tray.
- Drop colouring into remainder of mixture and kneed/mix in well.
- Press evenly over the top of first white layer in tray.
- Cover and place in the fridge to set.
- Cut into small squares, or cut into long bars that can be prettily wrapped in cellophane and tied with ribbon for gift giving.
Got this recipe from my Mum. Thanks Mum. xx
Do you have a special Christmassy recipe from your Mum that you like to make each year? I would love to know what it is and perhaps if you are allowed to share the recipe on your blog and let me know, I could make it too.
Have a lovely day at your place.