Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Creative Space

I love these glass coffee jars for storage, they are a great size and perfect for any kind of dry ingredient, bath salts, lollies etc. I wanted to do 'something' to them to fill and donate to the school fete. . . . .
. . . . so they got some frangapani's painted onto them. They now match my wine glasses I made last year. Yeah ok, I am no Pablo Picasso at all, but I am now searching for more jars to paint. *giggle* I did these yesterday and they need to stop and air-dry for 24hours before 'baking' which I did this morning for 40 mins on moderate oven. 'Well then!' Says me to myself, 'No point wasting the oven heat now is there!!' We need ourselves more biscuits, slice and cake at our place. Oh and I can't find any more jars, so will be keep two of these for our place, cause I think that is fair.

Biscuits perfect for lunchboxes, currently setting in the fridge is a caramel slice and currently in the oven is a sour cream lemon cake.

Here is not so sexy me with one of my aprons. I love my aprons and always wear one in the kitchen. I would like an apron with little mushrooms on it. I think little mushrooms would be cute on an apron.

Pop on over to kootoyoo and check out what everyone else is creating and have a lovely weekend at your place.

7 comments:

Crochet with Raymond said...

Love the apron! And look at your hair! It is growing out quickly!
all your cakes have made me want cake

spectacularfairywren said...

i am coming to your place for afternoonses. I am inspired by your aproning. I am a big WIPER of hands and it would be a good idea in pant preservation.
YUM!

Penny said...

Such a gorgeous apron Joyce xox I think it's tea and biccie time over here now ! xxx

'Joyce' said...

oh now wouldn't that be lovely, passing cake around blogland and drinking cups of tea together.
The first thing my boys said when we got home from school pickup was 'oh yum, have you been cooking cakes Mum?' lol. The house just wafted warm fresh baking. Even for me, it smelt yummy.
Thanks for liking my little apron. I plan to have an apron post soon. I do love my aprons and getting a nice little collection of them now, I think I have 5.
Alice, yes, my hair is just over 5 months long now. I have had 1 trim.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Prudence said...

Gorgeous apron on gorgeous you!!!!

I have the urge to bake now!

TK said...

I too am an apron girl. My nan always wore one & its a habit I seem to have picked up. A few years ago one of my clever sister's made me an apron & on it are written all these lovely adjectives starting with "T" for me.....so it goes tantalising, terrific, tende-hearted etc etc Tiffany......I LOVE IT & wear it ALL the time!!

- said...

Looks like lots of fun painting the jars.