Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Snaps

We headed to the 'big smoke' with our little caravan for the week. Here are some of the exciting things we did and saw. It was such a busy week, we stayed here, which was awesome and a short walk to North Ryde train station which took us to the city.


Latin fiesta time in Darling Harbour.


Getting on the train and checking out 'where to' today.


Luna Park at Milsons Point for my birthday.


View from the Ferris Wheel at Luna Park.
Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House at night.


Caught a Sydney Ferry to Manly for the day.
This is the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge on our way to Manly. The sky was pretty much like that the whole week, but it didn't stop us from doing or seeing.


Taronga Zoo
I love me a giraffe.


Taronga Zoo.
Elephants.

Taronga Zoo
Lionesses.

Taronga Zoo
King of the jungle.


Guylian Belgian Chocolate Cafe - 91 George St, Sydney.
*oh* soooo *sigh* yum!!


Guylian Belgian Cafe - Me.

Botanic Gardens.
I so love this pattern.


Botanic Gardens.
What beautiful branches you have my dear!


Botanic Gardens.
Faeries live here.

Art Gallery of NSW


Hyde Park.
Faeries live here too.

I took my crochet along with me, however, didn't get very much done while down there, as each day was very busy and by the time we got back to the caravan we were rather tired and heading to bed with the little ones. I finished a scarf for a girlfriend in the car on the way to Sydney and I managed to get a heap of grannies done on the way home for my rainbow blanket.

It's back to school today for my two little monkeys, there are 10 weeks of term til the end of the year. *sigh* it goes so fast. I worked this morning and am home now and about to get the sewing machine out - school fete is rather quite too close around the corner and I have work to do!

I hope your holidays were wonderful and that your little ones settle back into their last term for the year easily.


4 comments:

TK said...

I love the Botanic Gardens in Sydney...just so peaceful...my sister used to live literally around the corner from them & whenever I visited her I would go there to spend time with the faeries.

That Park looks amazing - what a wonderful base for your family holiday....precious...

Jacey said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time and a chocolate cafe to top it off!! yum x

alyshajane said...

The Lane Cove park is lovely - two of our friends were married there a few years ago.

I keep meaning to try the Guylian Cafe - now that I have seen your photo, I am even more keen on going! Yum!

annette said...

Aha my old stomping ground. Sydney is where I am from Joyce. We used to go to the zoo and often my Grandma would come with us and guess what, she lived at Ryde!! The Sydney Opera house is where our Girls High school used to go at the end of every year for our speech day, so we would make a trip, over a thousand of us via the train, all in our pink uniforms with blue socks like a group of pink elephants on mass!! LOL. I am rambling sorry, must have been from seeing all those very familiar places. :0)