Sunday, October 10, 2010

10th of the 10th, two thousand and 10 at 10am - 10 Things About Me

1. I eat chocolate every single day.
2. Favourite flower - frangapani
3. Holidays in the caravan with my family - priceless. (Actually - my family - priceless!)
4. I am left handed.
5. Pyjama days are awesome!
6. I am not good at maths.
7. Allergic to ironing and celery. (true - really!)
8. Anne of Green Gables - jealous of your hair!
9. I still want to get my nose pierced, left nostril, tiny diamonte.
10. If I could have a little shop it would look like this -
Black books store at one end, with lots of cushions and crochet blankets to snuggle under and read, in the middle would be Monica's loungeroom and kitchen (Friends) exactly as per show except where the tv is, there would be a huge table with a constant jigsaw puzzle in progress. This is a cosy place to meet and nibble muffins and drink hot choccies, coffee and milkshakes (you would find me here, cooking yummy things and making sure everyone is comfy.) oh licenced of course! The door from Monica's unit leading to hallway would be doorway through to huge craft room, with walls lined with bookcases full of buttons, ribbons, papers, fabrics etc in every colour. Two huge workbenches, one with sewing machines on it, and the other with cutting mats and paper slicers. A smaller bench with a few laptops, laminator, and other craft gagets. The other end would be a massive kids area, lego, craft, glue, scissors, trainsets, barbie. We would live out the back that would have a huge vege patch. Massive skylights spanning the whole building for as much natural light as possible.

During school term the following would apply -
The first Wednesday of the month - bookworms book club. 4pm would be a kids session. Break for pizzas we all make our own, clean up, snuggle the kids down and 7pm would be adults session.
The second Wednesday of the month - scrap happy time.
The third Wednesday of the month - sewing and beading diva night.
The fourth Wednesday of the month - lego party night.
First Friday of the month - secret Men's club.
Every other Friday - happy hour from 4pm with bring a plate. Nights like this could end up being board game nights, sing star competitions, you know, all the fun stuff. I would also throw in theme nights here through the year also.

We would be closed every Sunday and Monday. (Gives me my family time and washing day.)

In school holidays every Wednesday night would revert to pyjama party sleepover with pancakes for breakkie.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hello everyone, we are home from our holidays. We headed to the big smoke (Sydney) with our little caravan for the week. It was hectic, it was wonderful, it was raining, it was sunny, it was fun, it was stinky, it was wonderful to come home.

So tell me on the 10th of the 10th, 2010, what are your 10 things? And did you have a lovely holiday? Just leave a comment to tell me you have done 10 things, so I can get to know you better too.


7 comments:

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Wow that's some little shop! When you open it make sure you send me an invitation. Sounds like excellent entertainment for all. You and I share favourite flowers, I was disappointed they weren't in flower while we were in Brisbane. You just can't beat their scent can you?

alyshajane said...

Hi Joyce! Glad to hear you all had a wonderful holiday! I envy you having a caravan, that would be so fab! :)

My husband is allergic to celery too! He gets a burning, blister reaction in his mouth and awful heartburn. We read that latex allergy is linked often with a celery allergy - hubby has that one too.

I want to come to your shop, too! It sounds completely fabulous!

TK said...

When you open this shop I WILL TRAVEL ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO BE THERE!!!!! You had me at books & cushions.....glad you enjoyed your time away....with ALL that it encomapsses!!

Penny said...

Hi Joyce, your shop sounds DIVINE ! Thanks for sharing, I too have put a post up about my 10 things xox Have a good week ahead !

Lillabilly said...

I want to become a regular at your shop!!!! And I have always loved Monica's apartment too - especially the mis-matched chairs at her table.

'Joyce' said...

Oh how wonderful, oh if only . . . . but dreaming is healthy me thinks. Of course you are all invited, oh just imagine the fun we would have! *giggle*
Penelope I am heading to your blog to check out your 10 things. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful Monday.

Elisha said...

Oh wow! I wan't to come to your shop, I want a job in your shop, no I want to live in your shop. That sounds amazing. Now that you've put it out there I bet someone else does it, not quite sure it would be financially viable, shame about that being an important aspect of having a shop. hang on have to read about it again, so amazing!!!!!!