Saturday, August 7, 2010

Grow, grow, grow, little seeds of goodness.

This is what I found when I visited my garden late this afternoon. We have two little flowers on our sugar snap pea vine. 'Oh joy', exclaimed Joyce. I have been watching them ever since we planted the seeds and to be honest, thought we may have had a dud batch, because they are just taking forever to get going.

Oh and the vine isn't up high or really mega tall, I just pointed the camera from the ground up to take this shot, instead of looking down like I normally do. Our skies here this last week have been such a pretty shade of blue and it would be sinful to waste such a pretty colour.

I hope your Saturday has been lots of fun.

4 comments:

Posy Linda said...

Always a fan of happy blue skies.....

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Oh how exciting Joyce! Love homegrown peas. Do any of your actually get cooked? I just grow them to eat in the garden. Hope you get many more flowers soon.

Crochet with Raymond said...

I love the beanstalk! It looks giant! What a cool photo, and lucky you having some lovely weather!

'Joyce' said...

lol, Sarah, no, none of our peas/beans manage to make it inside the house, they just go inside the bellies of my boys, oh and me, lol. It's lovely tho, they are just on the back verandah, easy to see and easy to access for all. They are so lovely and fresh straight from the vine.

Hi Alice, I know it looks huge, but it comes up only to my hip. lol, and I am not a tall chic either. I love experimenting with my camera, my blog has helped me play a little more that I used to. The lovely weather has turned cloudy and wet for us today, but this is good, we needed the wet stuff from the sky. The garden was looking a little dry.