Monday, June 28, 2010

Back For More - Pasta

500g fettuccine pasta
8 pieces of shortcut bacon, cut into long strips
4 to 6 cloves of garlic, chopped very finely
500g button mushrooms, chopped
300ml thickened cream
*cracked black pepper
parmesean cheese to serve

Cook pasta as per packet instructions.

In a pan, heat a small amount of oil, cook bacon and garlic until browned, add mushrooms and cook til tender but not soft.

Drop heat to medium, pour in cream, stirring until thickens and all ingredients coated.

Turn heat off, add in batches the fettuccine coating each time until all added and coated.

*optional - add cracked black pepper (my children don't like the pepper so I add to my portion when I serve each plate)

Top with parmesean cheese and gobble up - oh and watch out, they WILL go back for seconds, I can never get 2 nights out of this meal, but it's well worth it.

You can add more bacon, more mushies if you like, that's the beauty of your own recipe, make to suit your tastes.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

alyshajane said...

Om nom nom! That looks so good. I shall save your recipe and try that, I love pasta dishes. And bacon. And cream. And mushrooms. lol! :)