Sunday, February 21, 2010

leukaemia Foundation - Shave for a Cure Update - Oh it's a nude one.

Good Sunday Morning to you all. Just thought I would share with you the wonderful, wonderful news. So ok, I made a comment that I was speechless, well that was 2 minutes ago - I am back to ME now. lol.

Firstly, this is my first nudey post - woo woo - 'you can leave your hat on'. lol. It's nudey, cause I don't have a photo with this post. lol, and you were thinking, that little me was sitting here at the computer in my birthday suit. lol, not a chance.

Ok, now onto the reason for the post. As you know, I am doing the Shave for a Cure on the 14th May 2010. The last few days, I have been handed some dares, the first few were from hubbies workmates saying they will double their donations for me to go back to skin. One of them told me 'there is a greenback in it for you.' The other didn't say what his donation would be. I was tempted, trust me, really really freaked out at having a totally nude nut, but very tempted knowing where that much needed cash would be going.

Then at dinner that night, the shave come into conversation, and I was told (by hubbies family) that their donation would double for me to get a short styled cut, and yes, they named their very generous donation.

Hmmmm, all I could see was the money, the money going to these families to hopefully bring them some comfort, respite, nursing care, or even one day (hopefully in my lifetime) a cure for Leukaemia - yes, I am greedy, 'Show me the money!!'. So then I wondered if I would still get the cash from both sides, if half my head was shaved back to skin and the other half was a short styled cut. Yeah, I know, nuts, but like I said 'Show me the money!!'.

So ok, I was talking to some friends yesterday afternoon, they then write a cheque out then and there, yes my dear friends, grabbed a pen, and started writing a cheque to the Leukaemia Foundation - Shave for a Cure for $500.00. No, that is not a mis-type, the cheque has in black ink written on it $500.00 for me to shave my head a #2 or lower.

Decision made. I have now reached my original goal of $1,000.00 for the #4 shave, so with this new challenge today I have upped my Shave page to reach $2,000.00 for the Leukaemia Foundation to go a #2.

If you would like to help me reach my goal of $2,000.00 for the shave, please click on the link I have at the right of my blog.

I am the luckiest girl in the world, and yes, I will stop talking now.

No comments: