Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Casting on - I love new beginnings.


There is a cooling in the air, the evenings are mild, I am wool gathering again. It's time to crochet.

Isn't it strange how the weather moves us, I like that feeling, I like the smell in the air, I like the cooler mornings, but still with the long summer days. Such a beautiful time of year, the smell of the sun still warm on my skin, yet the anticipation of the cooler weather and snuggly shorter days to come.

The first photo is of some wool that I bought yesterday, it's an 'Eco-Cotton' and was in the sale bin lovely and cheap, so of course, I bought the last 19 balls of it and have started a circle rug for me for that exact round purple cosy lounge chair on which the sample sits. I have been wanting to make a circle rug for myself for many years now, but haven't found the 'right' yarn to make it. The plan is to make pale cream crochet flowers to randomly decorate it with, but not sure I want a circle rug now at all. Maybe the old granny squares would look better, joined with a pale cream. What do you think?

I know I said I was going to use up my stash before buying more, however, with my boys donating their crochet rugs, I needed to buy more wool and wanted to make a start on theirs so that when the time comes, they will be ready to keep little toes warm, and found the above on sale, knowing I will never get it again at that price. This girl just loves a bargain!

As for my boys, the second photo is the start of my little ones crochet rug, he has told me he wants me to start this one with red and not the blue, but to keep the same pattern throughout. I love these bright colours, they suit my little man just perfectly.

So ok, off to get some cleaning done now.

Are you making anything at your place today? Or are you cleaning? Or - are you like me, and going to squeeze in a bit of both?

No comments: