Thursday, July 7, 2011

Soccer Mum

140 cup cakes,


3 slabs of fruit slice,



95 face biscuits,


 4 banana cakes,



2 batches of rocky road,
62 chocolate crackles,
36 loaves of bread,
580 sausages,
3 boxes of apples,
2 boxes of bananas,
1 box of oranges,
6 watermelons,
3 pineapples,
9 coaches,
2 bbq-ers,
3 on canteen
  

1 bowl-licker

and dry socks.

All adds up to soccer clinic week for 62 odd little champions.

I have been pumped and motivated all week, madly cooking each afternoon in readiness for the next day.  Tomorrow is world cup clash, currently New Zealand and Antarctica are at the top of the table.  (The team names were all chosen by the kids.)  It's close, the cup is anyones at this stage, the pressure is on.  I am nervous. I am excited. I am a little bit sad that I am going to miss these kids after tomorrow. I am a little bit concerned that perhaps I really do have a very small head because I am going to miss these kids after tomorrow.  I am happy that the Mum's and Dad's that come to collect their kids each day are so happy for us to have them for the week and are telling us how early they are going to bed at night because their kids are just *pooped*.  I am so proud of these kids, their manners, their enthusiasm for the game they love so much, the friendships they have made.  

I am going to miss these kids next week, but then I am so looking forward to a holiday.  A holiday at home with my own little boys before they head back to school for term 3.  I will put the study books away for next week.  I don't feel bad doing that.  I have managed to complete another unit, working on it at night.  The end is near, I can almost feel it.  But not for next week, there is time enough, there just has to be.  

Next week I am going to be Mum.

Thanks so much for stopping by my place today.

I hope you have had a good week at your place.  I hope you see lots of smiling faces around you this week.  I hope you get to hear the sweet laughter and joy of children this week.

5 comments:

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

You are the WOMAN!!!! Far out lady you are amazing! How on earth did you make all that goodness? I'd go for the rocky road anytime. Delish.

Miss Prudence said...

Cooking AND coaching!! Such vast quantities!
Isn't it great when you can enjoy children that aren't your own too?
I have been off this week just being Mum - nice. We are the go to house and the sleep over house, so we have been packed to the rafters all week!
Enjoy your holiday xx

'Joyce' said...

lol oh it's so much fun. We get home around 2pm, I head to the kitchen and get moving on the next batch, voted on by my boys in the car on the way home. I haven't been coaching, just in the canteen and prep of food, which is enough. We also did the sleep-over swap thing earlier this week too. I love the school holidays. Hmmmmmm rocky road, my fave. Have a wonderful school holiday break. xx

Fruitful Fusion said...

Super Soccer Mum!!! How do you do it??? Amazing! Enjoy being mum!

Colette said...

Wow you have been busy!! Enjoy the holidays and your time being Mum, that's always the best bit for me.
I'm wanting cake now, darn it!