Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Creative Space


I cannot believe it - My Rainbow Crochet Blanket is finished.  
Just in time too - as it's being used today to keep little Minnie warm while he is home feeling *ugg* on the lounge.  


He didn't want to be in any photos, which is a sure sign he really is quite *ugg*, so I asked if I could borrow it for a few quick photos to share.  


I just love it, I just love that I finished it and it's being used right now to snuggle my darling boy.  I love that I can share this with you.  I love that he loves the colours, I love that I have enough yarn left over to do a cushion cover, I love that this room in our house is going to be a rainbow room through all of winter, I love that I am about to curl up with my boy under this very blanket while he gets better and I make notes for my next assignment and prep playgroup craft sessions.  I love that my Grandma, my Nanna, and my Mum took the time to pass on their love of craft to me.  

 To my Mum, my Grandma and my Nanna - thank you.  xx

For more creative spaces, pop on over to kootoyoo.

Thank you so much for stopping by my place today.

Have a wonderful day at your place.

15 comments:

TK said...

love your bright rainbow colours!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful! Your little man will surely feel better faster wrapped in that lovely rainbow blanket, made by mummy. It turned out great, Well done!!!

Maxabella said...

This is amazing. Very special indeed. Clever, creative you! x

Amy said...

That looks amazing! I would so loved to be able to crochet. I have been trying to teach myself for so long but keep getting frustrated and throwing in the towel.

spectacularfairywren said...

i just love it - great pattern - may i ask, is your header photo taken in Sawtell NSW?

Gillian said...

YAY!!! Congratulations Joyce on finishing your BEAUTIFUL rainbow blanket :D

I'm sorry your little man is feeling poorly, I hope this lovely blanket and cuddles from his mummy soon make him feel much better xxx

ps...I love that my Mum, Nanna & Grandma took the time to share their love of creating with their hands with me too x

Jacey said...

Wow that is beautiful, so bright and cheerful. xx

Elisha said...

Amazing, good on you. Sorry I have been absent for a while. Technology issues and school holidays. Miss all you guys!!!!!

Colette said...

That looks wonderful, how cheery. I hope the little one is feeling better soon. x

Penny said...

How wonderful that you finished your rainbow blanket Joyce, it's absolutely beautiful and what good timing to have it for your son to snuggle up in! xox hope he feels better soon x

Kellie said...

Oh my goodness this blanket is FABULOUS! I love rainbows and yours is perfection. What a beautiful job.

'Joyce' said...

oh much thank you's to you. I really am so happy with this little project. Thank you for the well wishes for my little fellow. He is back to school today and although a bit sniffly, he is feeling much better. I am sure it was part due to the healing of the Mumma love hooked into the Rainbow blanket for sure. Amy, oh you must check out 'Meet me at Mikes' for crochet learning - it's awesome and that's how I picked it up again after many years. Spectacular Fairy Wren, wow, you are good, very close, its Coffs Harbour, just up the road from Sawtell. Gillian, I love hearing from others their love of craft being handed down, it's such a wonderful gift to be given and to pass on. Monet Paisley - I have missed you so. How wonderful to see you back, I look forward to catching up with you again soon. Have a wonderful weekend at your place. xx

ana @ i made it so said...

oh it's absolutely gorgeous! the colours are so cheerful and it looks soft and comfortable. i'm glad the lil one seems to be doing better. i would too, with such a lovely blankie made with love to snuggle up in.

- said...

Rainbow or geometrics...gorgeous it is!

PaisleyJade said...

That is amazing!! Love it - well done!