Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Introducing 'Georgie Girl'


My new scarf for my cold neck. Named Georgie Girl after my Grandma. The nickname she was given by her Dad. This is the Chevron crochet pattern, however, I have always called this pattern Grandma Zig Zag.

I love my new scarf, I love the soft, I love the warm, I love the long, I love the colour.

If you would like the pattern for this scarf, I would love to share it with you. Please leave a message in the comments. I haven't written it out yet, but that is on my list to be done. I can also add photos, but cannot guarantee their quality. This took almost no time at all to crochet up, due to large hook, and too easy soft yarn, plus mega simple pattern. I love it and I want to make another one. I also want to make one running longways, I think that would just look fabulous!

3 comments:

alyshajane said...

Wow, Georgie Girl is beautiful (as I'm sure, the real Georgie Girl was too)! I love the pattern, makes me wish I could figure out crochet!

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

I love the scarf Joyce and I would love the pattern. Even a close up of the scarf would probably be all I need, plus how many stitces to each chevron.
Great work!!
Deanne
xx

'Joyce' said...

Alysha, re the crochet lessons, check out Meet Me At Mike's, Pip has awesome 'how to' for crochet. I am not sure I could explain it better than Pip has (video tut included - so awesome), but I will do my best to help you if you want to learn. It's really easy once you have the basics, actually that is all I am doing is basics, and I love it.

Deanne, I will get you a closeup and recipe next week.